domingo, 11 de junio de 2017

Cross that off the Bucket List

Two blogs posted in a day! Look at me go, you could really say I'm on top of things today. Or you could say I procrastinated and now had to post my two blogs for the week in one day. That would be the more accurate statement, but hey, who am I to stop you from thinking that I actually have my life together? So as an update, I went to Marbella, Spain this weekend. A group of us took a bus, and then another bus, to a rental house near the Alboran Sea near the Straight of Gibraltar. The water was definitely warmer than the Atlantic, but not by much. The beach was beautiful as expected. After arriving in Marbella and getting settled into the house, we spent the next couple hours at the beach before returning to the house to dress up and go out for Indian food. The interesting part is that we did not know that this is what we were going to do (again, you gave me the benefit of the doubt on having my life together). Essentially we dressed up to go out to dinner, then wandered around in the dark until we found the Indian restaurant at 11:30pm. Good food, great company.

 

The next morning we woke up and got breakfast at the first place we stumbled upon, then the 6 girls in our group found a taxi and headed to a marina. This is where the day gets interesting. We then hopped on a speed boat and proceeded to go parasailing. I was so nervous at first, but let me tell you, if you have the opportunity to ever go parasailing, DO IT! This was an awesome experience and once you're in the air its so smooth and the views are amazing!!! I cannot describe how cool this experience was. After our parasailing adventure, we wandered around until we found a flamenco fair going on in downtown Marbella. This was very interesting to see and I loved the opportunity to see all the cute flamenco dresses. It was a great end to our day in Marbella. Finally, at 4:30, we hopped back on the bus and headed back to Sevilla, where the temperature was sitting at a crisp 102 degrees. Dont worry, it'll warm up throughout the week... Sevilla was only featured on the news today for it's upcoming heat. This entire weekend was comprised of spontaneity, something I am not used to at all, but I wouldn't  change this experience for the world. Thus concludes my weekend Marbella adventure. Thanks to those of you who continue to read my blog, I would have stopped a long time ago; and remember, if you don't see a post in a while, either the heat killed me or I am yet again procrastinating.

  


Hasta Luego!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario